Friday, November 20, 2009

Sarah Palin

A recent Fox News survey shows that among registered Republicans, Sarah Palin received the highest favorable ratings of possible GOP presidential candidates. That's shocking.  She rated higher than Mitt Romney. Even though I'm from Alaska, I had no idea why, so I decided to give this a little thought. Ding! Ding! Ding! I got it:
It's not because she has the most experience. It's not because she knows the location of Russia. It's not because the media has attacked her unfairly (anyone see the Newsweek picture and caption?). No, it's because people believe her. They believe she has values, holds fast to those values, and is unapologetic. They believe she tells it as she sees it with no double talk. What you see is what you get.
That's the attraction of Sarah Palin. And it is so rare and refreshing, that many people prefer her honesty and integrity over political experience. She has the courage to stand up not only to the Democrats, CNN, MSNBC, and Oprah, but to her own party leaders as well. How crazy is that? A politician who refuses to do what party leaders tell her to do but actually, stay with me here it's a little tricky, does what she thinks is best for the United States. I know, I know.
Now, do I think Sarah Palin should be President? Nope. But I do think it is an interesting commentary which illustrates the depth of the people's loss of faith in our elected officials.
Where is the leader that will inspire us as a nation? Where is the leader that will protect our Constitution? Where is the leader that is proud to be an American? And where is the leader that will bring us together?

No comments:

Post a Comment