Monday, September 28, 2009

Forget Nuke Proliferation - What About Blog Proliferation?

Everyone's got a blog these days, including me, but is anyone reading them? It's a writer's worst nightmare. Some years ago, I attended a poetry writing class.  One of the classroom sources was a quote from an aspiring poet that went something like this: I'm afraid in my dying moments, I'll grab the shirt of anyone nearby and, with my last breath, beg him to read my poetry.


That's sort of how I feel about my blog. No followers. No comments. Heck, I can't even get my own husband or sons to read my blog. I guess they've heard my know-it-all answers and long-winded pontifications for long enough, they don't need to read about it, too.

But truthfully, it's okay. This blog is just a repository for all those voices in my head. Once I put it in writing, I feel better. Usually.

1 comment:

  1. Long-winded pontifications? I see where I get it from. Keep up the good work big momma. Here's a link to an interview with an anarchist molded right in your image. He hates the government, builds his own weapons and doesn't believe in doctors.

    http://www.salon.com/health/col/roac/1999/12/17/survivalists/print.html

    ReplyDelete