Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ron Reagan, Jr

My heart broke last week when I happened upon a liberal (oh I'm sorry, I meant "progressive") talk radio program. The host's voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. Then I realized it the was same voice from the Eukanuba or AKC (can't quite remember which) dog shows - Ronald Reagan, Jr.

Apparently, he has a new gig now which must be causing Dad to turn over in his grave. Spouting ridiculous claims that capitalism is to blame for our country's current economic situation, he said, "We're captive to the capitalistic free market system."

What the heck? We're captive? Ronny, Ronny, Ronny. Is this some latent Oedipus complex? Were you neglected as a child? We need an intervention and quickly. No, not Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, or even Dr. Laura. We need to call out the big guns. Calling Dr. Ron Paul......calling Dr. Paul.....

2 comments:

  1. Where in the world would you here a Liberal, uh-oh, I mean "Progressive" talk radio show. Air America died a slow death. Even though we send them boat loads of money, nobody listens to NPR (except my wife). In my travels across the mid-section of the good ol' USA, can't say I've ever heard a talk radio show like that. But hey, this is fly over country. They wouldn't waste the energy to send talk like that to this part of the world; we are way too stupid to get it, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1150 AM. Their theme is and I quote, "We don't need labels. We'll leave that to the right wing nut job extremists." When all logic fails, call your opponent names....

    ReplyDelete