Monday, December 21, 2009

I Hate Harry Reid so Let's Boycott Nevada

Harry Reid. How long has he been in the Senate? 23 years. But honestly, I didn't know the man existed until a year ago. Now I hate him. I know, I know; I'm supposed to be the "Sensible Woman". I can't go around  blogging from an emotion-based frame of mind writing that I hate Harry Reid. Someone might accuse me of being an extremist. That term is getting thrown around a lot lately. But that's another blog for another day.

But let's get back to old Harry. What to do when the esteemed Senator from Nevada bribes hesitant Democratic Senators from Louisiana and Nebraska with $142 MILLION in appropriations and extra medicaid funds, respectively, to kowtow to the party line on the health care bill? What to do when he values prevailing over Republicans ahead of doing what's right for America? What to do when he refuses to admit this health care bill is unconstitutional? Even the Governor of Nevada said today that Harry has "put his national political ambitions ahead of Nevada." That's harsh.

Well, being sensible and all, (instead of just being a hater) I call for a boycott of Nevada. That's right. Hit those Nevada voters, who keep voting him in year after year, after year, after year....whoa, almost dozed off there...where it hurts - their pocketbook.  A little peer pressure from the citizens of other states just might do the trick. Surely we can skip Vegas and silver jewelry until 2010. We could even have a slogan: No Craps until there's no more crap. Something like that. I'll work on it. Who's with me?

Hey, this idea could snowball and take off to other states whose Senators and Representatives have lost their common sense from being in Washington D.C. for decades. States like, oh say,  California? We could even get a two-fer and de-throne Pelosi and Boxer at the same time. Be still my beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment